About Us!

My photo
We are Elizabeth and Allan Pack and have been married 8 years. In November 2011 we took that leap of faith and applied to adopt a child from Ethiopia. This blog is all about our journey from start to finish. We patiently waited for 5 years to bring our child home and as of April 2016 we felt God was leading us to withdraw from the program and help another family bring home their child.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

FUNdraisers


Work in progress! Here is an updated picture of our puzzle. It is coming along slowly! We sure did pick a hard puzzle, there are so many like colors that it is taking us a lot longer than we thought. We have actually sold 581 pieces but this is all we have been able to put together on the puzzle so far. Only 419 pieces left to sell! :)

As we are in the waiting process, we continue to do different fundraisers to help pay for this adoption. Here is what we have planned right now.  Next Saturday, June 15 we are having a yard sale on Rosman Highway, in front of "The Tannery" from 7am-2pm. Then on July 1st, we are joining together with another couple adopting, at Texas Roadhouse where from 4-10pm we will get 10% of the sales if you bring in a flyer. Then July 13th, we are joining with that same couple at Biltmore Baptist Church for a "Jail" Fundraiser. The idea is that we have volunteers put in "jail" and they have to raise $100 to get out of jail, by asking their friends and family to bail them out. We are still in need of volunteers for this, so maybe ya'll could pray about this and see if it is something you wanna help us with? 

We feel bad that we continue to ask so much of our family and friends with this adoption. We are so thankful for all their love and support and appreciate everyone who has helped bring our child one step closer to us. This adoption process has completely taken me out of my comfort zone and has me doing things I never thought I would/could do! God continues to amaze me by what he is asking of me but I just continue to trust in HIS plan for us and our family. If you know me, then you know I'm super shy and I've never been one to ask people for help or money and with this adoption that sometimes feels like all I ever do. But, God is so good and I have to remind myself that I have an amazing testimony to share with the people I am meeting along the way.

 A friend of mine, had this beautiful necklace hand-made for me. It means so much to me and is also another great way for me to share my testimony when people ask me about it. 
We are waiting..waiting to meet our son or daughter, waiting to start our little family. Waiting is not easy and I really wish we could just snap our fingers and bring our child home.

The waiting is hard, but we know it'll all be worth it in the end. We can't wait to meet the child God has picked out just for us! 










"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment