About Us!

My photo
We are Elizabeth and Allan Pack and have been married 8 years. In November 2011 we took that leap of faith and applied to adopt a child from Ethiopia. This blog is all about our journey from start to finish. We patiently waited for 5 years to bring our child home and as of April 2016 we felt God was leading us to withdraw from the program and help another family bring home their child.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Babble

     Since my last blog, the Lord has blessed Allan with another job. We are so thankful and blessed and will continue moving forward.  We might not understand why things happen but we are trusting in the Lord's plan for us."Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding, Seek His will in all you do and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3: 5-6
     I have made a total of 48 earrings now and actually sold my first 2 pairs today!! Yay!!! It came at a perfect time because I have been feeling very discouraged lately. Allan has been very busy making cross-stitch bookmarks, decorative crosses, etc and we actually had our first sale of a bookmark on Thursday! Yay! We are so thankful for the help! Please check out our face book page "Crafting for Adopting" we have pictures of everything on there! I'm about to start working on some Valentine's Day picture frames and decorative birdhouses and hope they turn out well! My hope is that more people will be willing to donate if they are actually receiving something instead of just giving money. 
     We so desperately want to bring home our child! In our adoption papers we have requested a young child ranging from 0-2 and we did not specify a gender. So, we are eagerly awaiting to see the child that the Lord has picked out for us! I'm so ready to become a Mom and a Teacher. To provide a child with a loving home, to teach them manners, respect and most importantly about their Savior Jesus Christ. I've dreamed of being a mom since I was a child and have always wanted to be a wife and a stay at home mom.  I've always had a passion for children and I enjoy teaching and spending time with the 2yr old class at Church every Sunday; but at the same time it makes me want a child that much more! Kids bring such a joy to my life and I am beyond ready to start a family of my own! People who have been blessed with children, with the opportunity to have a family don't realize the pain and hardship that couples face when it doesn't come so easy for them. Even Hollywood makes it look so simple to become pregnant on the first try! I'm just trying to put my point of view out there but unless you are in my situation then you really won't understand what it is like. It is difficult to see everyone around you being pregnant, having a child and then getting pregnant again later while you are still trying for the first, or a couple who is going to try for a child and gets pregnant on the first try. Anyways, I keep babbling on but what I'm trying to say is I have been selfish all this time in wanting a child of my own, when there are so many kids out there without homes, without Moms and Dads. Allan and I can be that family to a child who otherwise wouldn't have one and we can have a child! It's a win-win situation! I have put my faith in the Lord and know and trust that his plan will work out, it is HIS plan not OURS.

     Lucky for me, this is my blog so I'm allowed to babble! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sweet friend for your honesty, you are right those of us who have had children don't understand the pain and I am thankful you painted the picture. I love you and Alan and and praying for your sweet baby, I am trusting HIM to brig this little one to you quickly and with full favor!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete